Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pocket Sized Camp Stove (The Improved "Penny Stove")


There are numerous instructables here on how to make a "Penny Stove." However, there are a series of problems with the Penny Stove concept that need to be addressed. For instance:1.) You cannot put a large pot on a penny stove without crushing it.2.) Penny Stoves get very hot, so must be placed on something that will not burn to be used.3.) Putting a Penny Stove in your pocket or backpack for a hike, it will get crushed fairly quickly.4.) Penny Stoves are either difficult to light, or do nAll of these issues have been addressed with the new and improved "Penny Stove" or as I like to call it, the "Pocket Sized Camp Stove." I do honestly prefer this over any commercial stove I've yet seen (and I've seen a lot). Better still, it was free. Even a cheap commercial camp stove starts at $30 and goes up quickly from there. I've seen less useful stoves selling for over $100. Considering that commercial stove fuel is also more than twice as expensive as denatured alcohol (calculated by burn time) and harder to come by, there's just simply no reason for me to purchase anything commercial.ot conserve fuel well.5.) Penny Stoves are easily blown out in the wind.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I was once checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information specially the closing part. I maintain such information much. I was once seeking this specific information for a very long time. Many thanks and best of luck.


    Collapsible Wood Stove

    ReplyDelete